Workplace Wellness Programs can help you control your employee health insurance costs. Obesity, Tobacco Use and Diabetes are major contributors. We can navigate workplace wellness on behalf of your business for lower health care costs and higher efficiency.
- Major mental disorders cost the nation at least $193 billion annually in lost earnings alone, according to a study funded by the National Institute of Health (May 2008).
- In 2008, the annual healthcare cost of obesity in the United States was estimated to be as high as $147 billion a year. Medical expenses for obese employees are estimated to be 42% higher than for a person with a healthy weight.
- Employees who use tobacco cost their employees $1,300 more per year than those who don’t use tobacco.
- People with diagnosed diabetes have medical expenditures that are 2.3 times higher than medical expenditures for people without diabetes.
Source: National Institute of Mental Health and Center for Disease Control and Prevention
Potential Benefits of A Wellness Program:
- Improve productivity
- Improve physical health of employee
- Boost morale
- Control healthcare costs (drug, disability, absenteeism)